Jet skis are the most exciting pleasure crafts on the water regarding maneuverability, acceleration on stretches of water, and leisure time fun. If you can call such a water "motorcycle" your own, having good insurance for a long time of fun on the water is essential.
Due to jet skis' compactness and speed, miscalculating waves, for example, can quickly lead to accidents.
We, at EIS European Insurance & Services GmbH, recognize the trend towards this new pleasure craft as one of the first water sports insurances and offer an insurance package precisely adapted to these vessels.
With our BASIC cover adapted to jet skis, you will enjoy an insurance cover up to 12 sea miles from the coast or the mother ship.
Furthermore, this insurance cover for theft can be included according to technical preconditions and, if so, even be excluded from the deductible.
Details of the BASIC-cover for Jetskis and Jet boats
Co-insured in the liability insurance are as follows:
- The personal legal liability of the skipper and other people authorized to operate the vehicle;
- The legal liability of the persons insured from damage at a wracked boat caused by an aid measure, e. g. a rope connection, provided that they are asked to assist a boat in distress;
- The legal liability for pecuniary damage from claims which occurred during the effective insurance period;
- The legal liability of the person insured for direct or indirect consequences; of changes of the physical, chemical, or biological nature of a stretch of water, including groundwater (water pollution).
Facts of comprehensive insurance:
- Insurance covers yacht/boat, including machinery, equipment, inventory, dinghies, attachments, and personal effects;
- Insurance cover is valid on water and land, including the landing and launching;
- Insurance coverage for transports by road and the boat trailered by ferry;
- Risks covered: collision, grounding, stranding, sinking, fire, explosion, theft, vandalism, acts of God, lightning strike, if so, theft;
- Including insurance cover for trailers in the case of fire, explosion, and theft. As well as a total loss due to an accident of force majeure;
- Expenses for salvaging, salvage attempts, and, if so, waste disposal up to the amount of the sum insured (in addition to the sum insured);
- Expenses of the policyholder for prevention and reduction of damage up to a limit of 20% of the sum insured;
- In the case of total damage: replacement of the time value (time value insurance);
- In the case of partial damage: acquisition of 100 % of the repair costs, acquisition of transport cost to the shipyard and the way back;
- Elimination of the deductible in case of theft (if included) if the boat or outboard motor are equipped with a GPS / GSM transponder